||[Oct. 24th, 2007|04:42 pm]
QrunkFest 2K8 Rebirth
Yes! enlisted someone today to help with market research, development, and planning. Momma Suggs (as I will here on out refer to her) has been involved with event planning, printing companies, and all that kind of stuff before and has a wealth of knowledge and hook-ups to offer to QrunkFest. So now I have someone to work out venue details, alcohol and liquor liscencing (if required), merchandise retrieval, and merchandise printing. She will also be working out all the legal issues as far as how to handle minors attending, whether or not random shows can be charged a smal $5 entrance fee (if you are a community member this fee is more than likely waived....but still 5 bucks for all you can drink and free shows...ummm, YEAH!) without being considered a bar, and all that good stuff. She alone can't do everything so still feel free to send your suggestions, ideas, opinions, and offers my way. Especially if you come across a good deal. Current concerns are as follows.|
1. Venue (looking for a place that will host past midnight, and allows you to provide your own alcohol without a TBC certified bartender present)
2. T-shirts - I currently have 4 bids from printing companies, but I am looking to take 10 bids before I choose who to go with. If you know someone let me know ASAP
3. Banner - I currently have 1 bid to make the QrunkFest 2K8 - Rebirth banner. Once again, if you have a hook up with a printer let me know.
4. Sponsorship - I currently am talking with a local Austin area beer barn about sponsoring and supplying all the kegs for the Sat. night open event. If you know anyone looking to advertise at the expense of free booze....lemme know ^_~
5. Those are my current MAIN issues. Once those things are worked out everything will be a cake walk. I will get more into intimate detail about our private Fri and Sun events when the website launches and the forums are up so we can keep talk about that private. I don't want word about who, what, when, and where those nights are being held so nobody un-invited shows up, but if we DO end up hosting Saturday at a venue then expect those private events to be just as fun, but more low key since most of the cool stuff will be used at the Sat night open event. I am really looking forward to QrunkFest so stay tuned for further announcements about DJ acts, live music, and other entertainment as well as full details on where Sat. night will be held.
- Evil Zack
THANKS MOMMA SUGGS!